The Purpose of This Blog
In the 9 or so years I have been a Christian I have heard of, listened to, and read a lot about error in the universal Christian Church. Whether it is one of the apostles writing in the epistles to the early church, a church father during the reformation or a modern day orthodox teacher, there is no shortage of writings and sermons meant to refute false teaching.
I mention this because there are plenty of good teachers which take up this task well and I am not about to spend a bulk of my time doing what they do. It's probably fair to note that there are also a lot of jerks, and even men in error themselves, who take up the task of "discernment blogging" who do contribute a bad name to the practice. But as any good disciple of Christ (or apologist) knows, the bad apples don't represent the good ones. They may get more attention at times because it makes for some intriguing controversy, but it doesn't discredit those who are doing this for the sake of the Gospel. The good discernment teachers get enough flak of their own from those poor souls who have been led astray by false doctrine.
Here I will simply focus on the heresies and errors which I have come face to face with in my very own community. I do not write against heresies that I have gone hunting for. No. I write against heresies which have come hunting for me. So keep that in mind when you read anything here.
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 1 Corinthians 5:12
"A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." Galatians 5:9
There are some things in them (the scriptures) that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. 2 Peter 3:16-17
For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. 2 Corinthians 10:3-7


